Tax Management Services
At Causey-Streeter CPAs, we guide our clients through a full range of tax planning and preparation decisions with strategies that minimize your tax liabilities, maximize your cash flow and keep you on track to your financial goals. Our expertise, experience, analysis and thorough research allow us to optimize financial opportunities to be found in existing as well as recently altered tax laws. We are knowledgeable and up to date on the tax laws and can make sense of your receipts, bills and notices.
5 Tips For Early Preparation
Earlier is better when it comes to working on your taxes. The IRS encourages everyone to get a head start on tax preparation. Not only do you avoid the last-minute rush, early filers also get a faster refund.
There are five easy ways to get a good jump on your taxes long before the April 15 deadline rolls around:
- Gather your records in advance. Make sure you have all the records you need, including W-2s and 1099s. Don’t forget to save a copy for your files.
- Get the right forms. They’re available around the clock on IRS.gov in the Forms and Publications section.
- Take your time. Don’t forget to leave room for a coffee break when filling out your tax return. Rushing can mean making a mistake — and that can be expensive!
- Double-check your math and Social Security number. These are among the most common errors on tax returns. Taking care on these reduces your chances of hearing from the IRS.
- Get the fastest refund. When you file early, you get your refund faster. Using e-filing with direct deposit gets you a refund in half the time as paper filing.
Professional representation can be vital during an audit, and our experience with tax authorities enables us to guide clients in their dealings with federal and state agencies. If you have been chosen for an audit, the professional representation you can find with our firm can put many of your worries at bay. We are ready and willing to answer any and all questions the IRS may be asking of you.
Undergoing an Audit? Leave It To Our Professionals
If you are faced with an audit, turn to our team at Causey-Streeter, CPAs. Whether you need us to conduct a full financial review as part of a new accounting strategy or you want to ensure your business in Atlanta, Georgia, and beyond is running smoothly, we can help.
There are countless reasons why you or your company may be audited. No matter the reason, we can help. From preparing presentations for company owners to compiling financial statements for your bank, our auditing services comply with the professional standards set forth by the AICPA. Our independent auditing services are for clients who manage businesses, including corporations and partnerships. During the audit, we will come in and perform research that will allow us to determine whether your financial statements accurately show the operations of the business. With our large-firm auditing experience and extensive background in the financial industry, we make our experience work for you during this process.
Review and Compilation Services
If you do not need a full audit, but would like a financial picture of your business, we provide review services. A review is slightly less comprehensive than a full audit. Our compilation services include presenting your financial statements in an easy-to-read format. Generally, businesses, corporations, and S corporations take advantage of these services.